Admin

History of Our School

In 1923 at the intersection of Atlanta Highway and Federal Drive, Capitol Heights Junior High was built. For more than fifty years the building was one of the stars in the crown of the Montgomery Public School System.  The structure was designed by Fredrick Ausfeld, who later designed Lanier High School, the Bell Building and the Jeff Davis Hotel. Capitol Heights Junior High had a grand auditorium that seated 970 people; as well as, a movie screen, a genuine fly loft, a functioning orchestra pit, and a projection room; amazing for the early 1920s.



Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.